Aggregate Permit in Jackson County, Oregon

Obtaining An Aggregate Permit

Aggregate permits are often the most complex and, unfortunately, expensive permits to obtain in Jackson County. All mining, whether for aggregate resources or precious metals, must be reviewed and permitted not only by Jackson County, but by the Oregon Department of Geology and Mineral Industries (DOGAMI) as well.

Deciding Which Aggregate Permit To Apply For

There are two different types of permits that apply to aggregate uses:

  • Conditional Use Permit (CUP) for Aggregate Removal: This method is about 3 times the cost of a general CUP for any other use, and also requires acceptance from the neighboring property owners.
  • Comprehensive Plan Map Amendment and Zone Change: This method makes aggregate use a permitted use. Though the change of zoning process is more complex and costly (it is a $1,700 pre-application and a $10,734 deposit fee for the application), it does protect the natural resource on your land with the state. However, this is the best option to protect the property and owner by changing the zoning of the land to aggregate resource (AR)Aggregate Permits. Changing the zoning of the land to AR protects the owner and/or operator and property fromĀ future complaints of neighboring property owners.

Applying For An Aggregate Permit

If you are considering applying for an aggregate permit, or if you have been denied an aggregate permit through Jackson County or DOGAMI, please do not hesitate to contact us. We have the knowledge and resources to determine if your aggregate use goals are attainable. The permit application process can be very confusing, time-consuming, and expensive, especially if you are trying to obtain an aggregate permit on your own. Contact us today and let us help you through the process.


Speak Your Mind